I’m using this page to keep notes on the process that the new Grants View Library is using to create their own community garden. As we have more meetings, I will add more notes.
- Matt Even is the coordinator for Gateway Greening and the Library
- They put in eight to ten new gardens every year and help with many more.
- They lead and guide the group, but the group determines exactly how it is to be run.
- The group decides how it wants to handle any money.
- Pear Tree Inn – garden near this – check out.
- 3871 Bell 63108 – Demo garden
- They do use treated lumber from Fehlig Brothers. He says this is the only company in St. Louis which has this particular type of lumber – treated with copper.
- Garden Project Guidebook – this is what they use.
- The Library Site – is a “Cadillac” – it already has water, land etc. Most of the work has already been done.
- The Missouri Foundation for Health is funding this project.
- They have room for 45 gardens at the library – usually 4’x 8′ or 4’x 10′