- Concord School Butterfly Garden – 2nd grade
- Feb. 26th – Seed starting with Pegs at Kennerly Elem.
- March 3rd – 1 p.m. – Monarchs and Seed Planting. – Whitecliff
- March 5th – Fenton Garden Club – Butterfly Gardening – 1 pm Visitors welcome.
- Sept. 20 – Crestwood Christian Church – around 1 p.m. – Monarchs program.
Plants for these people/schools/groups.
If you know of a St. Louis group or school that wants plants for 2018 – let me know.
- Kennerly Elementary – PEGS
- Concord Elementary
- Ellen M. – BG plants
- Denise S – BG plants
- St. Josephs
- Yvonne D – church – butterfly garden
- Whitecliff Park
- Denise S.
- Anne M.
Plant Sales – 2018
April 7/8 – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Butterfly House – free for members/included with admission for non-members
April 27/28 – Meramec Plant Sale – 9 a.m.
May 11 – 2 to 7 p.m. – Shaw Nature Preserve – Preview for members
- March 4th – started tropical mw – 72 cells with 3-4 seeds each versus – seeds in bulk in large tray. Both were on heated mats.
Seeds/Plants to Buy
- Zinnia profusion double hot cherry – did very well in 2017
- Marigold Golden Gate
Try Denim and Lace Russian Sage
Try Paladin Shasta Daisy – lower but will rebloom with deadheading.
Try Media Shower Verbena – Proven Winners
Try African Blue Basil – gets large – Hillermann Nursery & Florist. It’s a hybrid.
Asclepias curassavica doesn’t compete well with Incarnata or large zinnias. In the back, only plant it without other tall plants.